POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Research : Re: Research Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Research
From: scott
Date: 14 Oct 2008 09:43:42
Message: <48f4a20e@news.povray.org>
> Some non-electricians will hook up the earth as a common - using it as the
> return path for the hot.
>
> In this case the potential will vary with the amount of current on the
> wire.

But I think that Buildings Standards require that the resistance to ground
be low enough that for the Earth voltage to become dangerous, enough current
must flow to blow a fuse.  Otherwise this kind of relatively common fault
would leave metal cases of everything in the house electrified to dangerous
voltages!